Publishe Date: 10:59 PM - 9/10/2012 | Print

Iran Rejects Report on Death of Kidnapped Iranian Pilgrims in Syria

Politics - Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehman-Parast on Monday strongly rejected a recent report on the death of the Iranian nationals who were kidnapped in Syria last month, stressing that all of them are alive.

"There is no evidence substantiating the death of the Iranian pilgrims in Syria," Mehman-Parast told FNA on Monday.

He added that Iran is pursuing the fate of its abducted nationals through Syrian officials as well as those countries which Tehran believes have access to the abductees.

On August 4, armed insurgents in Syria kidnapped 48 Iranian pilgrims who were traveling on a bus from Damascus International Airport to the shrine of Hazrat Zainab (AS) on the outskirts of Damascus.

Later, unconfirmed media reports said three of them have been killed, but Iran rejected the reports saying that all of them are alive.

In similar remarks late in August, Chairman of the Iranian parliament's National Security and Foreign Policy Commission Alaeddin Boroujerdi said at a press conference in Damascus that the Iranian pilgrims kidnapped in Syria are reportedly in good health.

Meantime, Iran is using all diplomatic, political and security means to release the 48 Iranian pilgrims.

Ever since the abductions took place, the Foreign Ministry and the Iranian embassy in Damascus have been pursuing the fate and release of the kidnapped Iranian nationals through different channels.
mehr/281

Send comments
Send to a friend
Name (Optional)
Email (Optional)
Show
Website/Weblog (Optional)
Your Comments     0/700
I approve the publication, to be informed
New comments to this news, sent to my email
KhabarOnline comments that contain insults, it does not publish
Please enter the phrase in the box
= 10 + 11
Send
182671
Your name
Your e-mail
E-mail a friend
Description
Please enter the phrase in the box:
= 10 + 11
Send News
Last News
More...