Salehi called on the G5+1's representatives to remain committed to their promise of announcing the results of their consultations with their respective governments.
He underlined Tehran's stance in favor of interaction and against confrontation in talks with the P5+1 group of world powers, stressing that the negotiations should be based on wisdom and logic.
Addressing reporters upon his arrival in Almaty, Kazakhstan, on Thursday, Salehi expressed hope that the world powers would return to the negotiating table and prevent further prolongation of the talks.
On April 6, Iran and the six world powers wrapped up two days of intensive negotiations in Almaty.
The Iranian team was led by Jalili, who is also the Secretary of Iran's Supreme National Security Council (SNSC), and the G5+1's representatives were presided byAshton.
Analysts believe that the talks will continue after the upcoming presidential election in Iran since no substantial development or agreement can take place in the two months left to the voting.
Earlier this month, Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehman-Parast described the latest round of talks with the world powers in Kazakhstan as "positive", and said Tehran is waiting for the opposite side's response to its proposals.
"The two sides' comments described as positive the start of straightforward and serious expression of views, and to take a correct step, our officials expressed their views and the Group 5+1 should now respond," Mehman-Parast said at a weekly press conference in Tehran.
"We are (now) waiting for Mrs. Ashton's response and her consultations with the G5+1," he added.
|Your Comments 0/700|
|I approve the publication, to be informed|
|New comments to this news, sent to my email|
|KhabarOnline comments that contain insults, it does not publish|
|Please enter the phrase in the box
|E-mail a friend|
|Please enter the phrase in the box: