Publishe Date: 5:07 PM - 7/11/2014 | Print

Envoy Stresses Iran's Determination to Reach Final Deal by July 20

Politics - Iranian Ambassador to Russia Mehdi Sanayee underlined Iran's determination to resolve the remaining issues about its nuclear program before the July 20 deadline to reach a final deal with the six world powers.

"We hope to see the result before July 20 and Iran is ready to resolve all issues and sign the agreement," Sanayee said on Thursday.

He noted that the six world powers also bear great responsibility in this regard.

The Iranian envoy noted that Iran has always been open to prove the peaceful nature of its nuclear program to the world.

"The US-led sanctions imposed against Iran have been unfair from the very beginning," Sanayee said.

On Wednesday, a senior Iranian lawmaker underlined the country's clear stance on its nuclear program, and said the ball is now in the court of the western countries negotiating with Tehran.

"We have clearly stated our stances (on the nuclear issues) and the ball is in the westerners' court, the US should have a clear understanding of the negotiations," member of the parliament's National Security and Foreign Policy Commission and Head of the parliament's Research Center Kazzem Jalali.

He voiced optimism about the ongoing trend of nuclear negotiations between Iran and the six world powers (the US, Russia, China, France and Britain plus Germany), and said, "Today the atmosphere has been prepared by Iran for achieving results in the negotiations and I hope that the other sides of negotiations will not ruin this atmosphere."

The sixth round of talks between Tehran and the G5+1 headed by the Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif and EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton officially started in Vienna last week.

Iran's Deputy Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araqchi and EU foreign policy deputy chief Helga Schmidt also held several rounds of talks in Vienna to discuss the draft of a final deal.

In a video message on the eve of the new round of the talks with the six world powers on Wednesday, Zarif asked his counterparts from the sextet not to miss the present opportunity for striking a deal with Iran and putting an end to an unnecessary crisis. Iran and the Group 5+1 sealed an interim deal in the Swiss city of Geneva on November 24, 2013, to pave the way for a full resolution of their decade-old dispute over the former’s nuclear standoff with the West. The deal came into force on January 20.

Under the Geneva deal, dubbed the Joint Plan of Action, the six countries undertook to provide Iran with some sanctions relief in exchange for Tehran agreeing to limit certain aspects of its nuclear activities during a six-month period.

Zarif told reporters after the previous round of talks with the six world powers held in Vienna on June 16-20 that although the seven nations have started compiling the draft deal, the harsh stance taken by the western powers, which is reflected in their excessive and maximum demands shows that they are not fully ready to enter serious negotiations to attain a final solution to the decade-old standoff.

He stressed that Iran would not give up its rights, and would continue resistance until restoring all its nuclear rights.


 

Send comments
Send to a friend
Name (Optional)
Email (Optional)
Show
Website/Weblog (Optional)
Your Comments     0/700
I approve the publication, to be informed
New comments to this news, sent to my email
KhabarOnline comments that contain insults, it does not publish
Please enter the phrase in the box
= 5 + 5
Send
186877
Your name
Your e-mail
E-mail a friend
Description
Please enter the phrase in the box:
= 5 + 5
Send News
Last News
More...