President Rouhani's order came following a terrorist attack on the people of Ahvaz during the parade of the armed forces.
The Iranian president ordered the Ministry of Intelligence to mobilize all facilities of the security and military forces to quickly identify the terrorists and their links, and resolutely deal with the crime.
In this phone call with the interior minister and governor of Khuzestan, President Rouhani while sympathizing with the families of the martyrs, was briefed about the latest reports on this terrorist act and the process of identifying and addressing the situation of the wounded and issued the necessary commands.
The president stressed that the response of the Islamic Republic of Iran to the slightest threat would be harsh, but those who support the terrorists should be accountable.
The terrorists attacking Iran's southern city of Ahvaz opened fire at soldiers and civilians with the aim of creating fear, a witness said following the attack on Saturday.
The terrorists had disguised themselves as military officers, hence they did not make the security forces suspicious, said the witness who was speaking on condition of anonymity.
He went on to say that a few minutes after the military parade began, gunshots were heard.
Initially, people thought the shootings were part of the parade, but they suddenly realized it was a terrorist attack, he said.
The terrorists caused chaos in the parade and then targeted the crowd who had gathered to watch the ceremony.
The death toll from the attack so far stands at 25, with more than 60 people wounded.
|Your Comments 0/700|
|I approve the publication, to be informed|
|New comments to this news, sent to my email|
|KhabarOnline comments that contain insults, it does not publish|
|Please enter the phrase in the box
|E-mail a friend|
|Please enter the phrase in the box: