Publishe Date: 2:59 PM - 9/23/2018 | Print

Iran not to forget Ahvaz terrorist crime: Pres Rouhani

Politics - Iran is clearly aware who was behind the September 22 terrorist attack in Ahvaz and will not give up the right to follow up the case, President Hassan Rouhani said Sunday morning.

“Those who are the so-called advocates of human rights have to be accountable for the attack,” President Rouhani told reporters prior to his departure to New York, US, earlier this morning where he is to attend the 73rd UN General Assembly, which officially opened on September 18.

At least 25 were killed and more than 60 were injured on Saturday in the southwestern city of Ahvaz in Khuzestan Province when several unknown terrorists opened fire aimlessly to the crowd watching a military parade staged on the occasion of the 38th anniversary of an eight-year imposed war against Iran.

Children who were to go to school were killed in the attack, President Rouhani adding, “Iran, undoubtedly, will not give up [following up] the crime.”

“The terrorists disguised as the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) and Basiji (volunteer) forces opened fire at the authorities and people from behind the stand during the parade,' Governor of Khuzestan Gholam-Reza Shariati told reporters hours after the terrorist attack.

The self-proclaimed Saudi-affiliated Al-Ahwaz terrorist group claimed the responsibility for the attack.

 

Send comments
Send to a friend
Name (Optional)
Email (Optional)
Show
Website/Weblog (Optional)
Your Comments     0/700
I approve the publication, to be informed
New comments to this news, sent to my email
KhabarOnline comments that contain insults, it does not publish
Please enter the phrase in the box
= 7 + 4
Send
189538
Your name
Your e-mail
E-mail a friend
Description
Please enter the phrase in the box:
= 7 + 4
Send News
Last News
More...