Pres. Raisi calls for investigating carefully incident of late Amini

Iran’s President Ebrahim Raisi in a phone call with the family of the late Mahsa Amini on Sunday said that he has ordered the incident to be investigated carefully so that no right is violated.

In a phone call with the family of the late Mahsa Amini, President Raisi expressed sympathy to her family and wished them patience for their suffering, and said, "I learned about this incident during my trip to Uzbekistan, and I immediately ordered my colleagues to investigate the matter especially."

He noted that “I assure you that I will demand this issue from the responsible institutions so that its dimensions are clarified”.

During the phone call, the President emphasized that he considers all Iranian girls as his own children, adding, "Your daughter is like my own daughter, and I feel that this incident happened to one of my loved ones. Please accept my condolences."

In this phone call, the family of the late Amini, while thanking the President for his immediate order to deal with the incident, as well as calling and expressing his sympathy, requested to follow up on the issue until its dimensions are clarified.

Earlier on Friday, Iranian police released CCTV footage of Mahsa Amini, the 22-year-old Iranian woman who died after being arrested by the police, rejecting the claims saying that she was beaten and has said that no physical contact has happened between officers and her.

The video shows the woman suddenly collapsing on a chair while she was talking to female police in the police station.

Police have said in a statement that Amini suffered a heart attack and was immediately taken to a hospital, where she died on Friday.

Police have rejected the reports saying that Amini was beaten and said that no physical contact has happened between officers and Amini.

Iran's President Ebrahim Raisi was on a visit to Uzbekistan when this happened. He instructed his interior minister to investigate the incident and report to the president thoroughly.

Iran's Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Qalibaf and Attorney-General of Tehran Ali Salehi said that they would independently investigate the incident.

News Code 194332


Your Comment

You are replying to: .
1 + 17 =