Omani Foreign Minister Condemns Terrorist Attack in Shiraz

The foreign minister of Oman condemned the terrorist attack that occurred on Wednesday in Shiraz, a city in southern Iran.

In a phone call with his Iranian counterpart Hossein Amirabdollahian, the Omani minister Sayyid Badr Albusaidi denounced the terrorist incident.

He delivered the condolence message from Sultan Haitham bin Tariq Al Said to the Iranian people, the Iranian government, and the families of the attack victims.

The attack had already been denounced by the Omani Foreign Ministry in a statement posted to its website.

As pilgrims gathered at the holy shrine of Shah Cheragh, a shooter opened fire, leaving 15 people dead, including two children.

The Islamic Jihad Movement in Palestine, the Palestinian Mujahideen movement, and the Supreme Political Council in Yemen, as well as the people of Syria, have all condemned a terrorist attack against Iranian civilians in Shiraz, Fars province.

Also, Britain’s ambassador to Tehran, Simon Shercliffe, sent out a message condoling the people of Iran for the terrorist attack on the Holy Shrine of Shahcheragh, nearly two days after the incident took place.

"Our sincere condolences go out to the innocent Iranians who died in the horrifying terrorist attack in Shiraz, for which Daesh claimed responsibility. The people of Iran shouldn't have to live in such violence," said the British ambassador.

Meanwhile, Shercliffe, was summoned twice by the Iranian Foreign Ministry because of the support of some diplomatic officials of his mission to the riots in some Persian-language media based in London.

The Iran's Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Director General for Western Europe reiterated to Simon Shercliffe that Tehran rejects and firmly condemns London's attempts to meddle in Iran's internal affairs by using fake and provocative interpretations.

News Code 194499

Tags

Your Comment

You are replying to: .
1 + 2 =