Iran FM:
US, Israeli have no plans for continuation of Gaza battle

"The United States and Israel do not have a strategy for the continuation of the war and how to establish a ceasefire in the Gaza battle," according to the Iranian foreign minister.

Speaking in a seminar held at the University of Tehran campus on Saturday, Hossein Amir-Abdollahian said that the Resistance groups in the region are not Iran's proxies as the Western governments claim, stressing that they make decisions for themselves.

He said that, "The Americans sent us a message asking us to tell the Resistance groups that allegedly listen to us to stop attacking American bases in the region, but we told them that these groups are independent and make decisions on their own, and we respect their decisions."

"We will continue our actions in support of Palestine," the foreign minister added. 

"Resistance will have the final say on the battlefield. The assessment of the Resistance after seven days of ceasefire is that the Zionist regime continues the attacks because they have not achieved anything so far," he added.

In the meantime, Amir-Abdollahian highlighted that, "No agreement in relations with Palestine has been made without consulting with Iran, and even the friends of the Resistance were discussing the matter with us during the seven-day ceasefire, but we do not give them any orders."

He went on to talk about the previous talks on the revival of the Iran nuclear deal known as the JCPOA, "In the JCPOA, because our red lines were not respected by the other side at some point, today we are not on the path to signing an agreement on the JCPOA, but this does not mean leaving the JCPOA off the table; the further we go, the JCPOA is becoming less and less effective."

News ID 196634

Your Comment

You are replying to: .
4 + 3 =