Hamas says responds to truce proposal, its demands remain in place

The Palestinian resistance movement, Hamas, says it has responded to a proposal reached during the latest round of Gaza ceasefire talks in Egypt, stressing that the movement’s four main demands remain in place.

Hamas said in a statement on Saturday that it had presented its response to Qatari and Egyptian mediators on the proposal reached during the ceasefire negotiations launched last Sunday in the Egyptian capital Cairo, Al Mayadeen reported.

The resistance movement said it is ready for a real prisoner-captive exchange agreement, but its main demands, which are also the demands of the Palestinian people, remain in place.

Hamas says a permanent ceasefire should be established in Gaza, Israeli forces should completely withdraw from the besieged territory, displaced Palestinians should return to their homes and all aid needed for the people of Gaza should be allowed in.

A temporary ceasefire was reached in Gaza during the last week of December, which saw the exchange of scores of Palestinian prisoners with dozens of captives Hamas took in its unprecedented Al Aqsa Storm operation on October 7.

Since that temporary truce, several rounds of talks have been held with the aim of reaching a longer ceasefire and exchange more prisoners with captives. However, all those talks have failed due to the Israeli regime’s refusal to accept Hamas’ demands.

News ID 197432

Your Comment

You are replying to: .
9 + 3 =